Thursday, January 1, 2009

dedication...

I would like to dedicate this blog to Terry Risko. He and his wife Marina, are the former owners of this house.

He gave me a hobby where I had never had one before.

Terry planted nearly every bush, tree, flower and invasive species that you’ll find on this property. He created a limestone garden all the way up one side of the driveway and he created a huge boulder garden that welcomes you into the back yard.

His philosophy (I believe) was to naturalize in a manner of throwing it up in the air and wherever it landed, that’s where he planted it.

I have added, subtracted and moved things around from his original garden, but the awesomeness of it is definitely from all of his efforts.

Thank you Terry – for me, the garden sold the house.

No comments: