Wednesday, February 11, 2009


It’s been just over a week since I’ve planted 2 tulip bulbs and 2 daffodil bulbs in a terracotta pot for forcing. I did what I was supposed to do; only accelerated. I had them in the cellar for a few days, then I put them in the cold dining room for a day, then moved them to a nice place in the sun in the living room. Noticed on Friday that I could see the top of one tulip poking through the soil. Last night one was over an inch tall and another one is poking his little head through the soil.

On Sunday I clipped a few forsythia branches and an azalea branch to bring into the house for forcing. In the past, forsythia took a week to bloom and azalea took 2 weeks.

Just trying to bring some Spring into the house.

No comments: