Sunday, June 6, 2010

peonies...

This year the peonies only lasted a short time.  First of all it was really drought-like here for some time which made one of the peonies just burn up.  I think it was only able to produce 4 or 5 flowers to it's full extent.  Then along came the rains...and it's still raining.  Rain is not very good for flowers once they are bloomed.  They have a tendency to get weighed down.  With peonies, their stems are so long, it's hard not to have some flowers that end up on the ground because the stems bend so far.
Well, yesterday I took a shot from the ground up of one set of peonies and it turned out pretty good...just wish I could see this beauty when I'm looking down at them...not when I have to lay on the ground and look up at them.

2 comments:

Charisa said...

Great angle! The flowers are beautiful!

Jan Marie said...

My peonies are still small but I lost one plant to ants last year. They built a huge ant hill right on top of it. By the time I noticed it, it was too late.