Tuesday, June 22, 2010

indignant...

I don't want to get all bitchy again about how the contractors are stepping all over my plants...but they are!

They are hard to avoid, I suppose...

But, in knowing how I am, I warned Vince (the cement contractor) when he came out to do the estimate, that I get snippy when I see that my plants are not being watched over by the workers.  He told me that they will be very careful around them -  as he kicked one of my tulips without knowing...

I don't think you can tell men that they need to watch out for the flowers.  Especially manly-men like contractors.

I was in the kitchen yesterday watching one guy walking up in my boulder garden (which I really thought was safe) to the upper portion of the yard.  He was moving a hose and threw it down the other side clipping  one of my hydrangeas.  I immediately went with my impulse and stormed out the door.  By that time, he had come down and grabbed the hose and saved the flower - lucky for him.

Then I walked around the house and noticed that they had "placed" one of their metal grids (for reinforcement inside the concrete) on top of one of my rose bushes.  I picked up the metal and moved it freeing up the branch which popped back up, thankfully.

I wonder how many plants this team will end up maiming?

1 comment:

Jan Marie said...

Vince? I worked with a guy who was a life long Detroit resident and he told me that you always hire Italians to do cement work. LOL

Hey whadda ya know....you did.